Welcome to the 2013 Saddleback Valley's Pop Warner season!
Home of the Bears, Chargers, Wolverines, Cougars, Hawks and Diablos!
Saddleback Valley is one of the largest, successful, and well-respected Pop Warner associations in the country. We'd like to extend a warm welcome to all players and cheerleaders who are new to our organization and a special thank you to our returners.
Please read through this carefully before you click the link at the bottom of the page to forward to our online registration system.
Saddleback Valley Pop Warner is open to kids living within our association boundaries. Our association serves the following cities: Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Portola Hills, Foothill Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, and Aliso Viejo. We are proud to have partnered with several local High Schools to provide our teams with the opportunity to play in their stadiums on state-of-the-art turf fields and in some instances, under the lights! If you live outside our boundaries you will need to obtain a geographic waiver from your home association. Waiver forms can be found in our RULES & FORMS section. Let us know if we can help by contacting us.
Saddleback Valley Pop Warner is open to anyone age 5 to 15 (league age is your age on July 31, 2013). Placement in a particular division is based on a combination of age and weight:
- Tiny Mite: Ages 5-6, 35-75 pounds; age 7, 35 to 55 lbs.
- Junior Mighty Mite: Ages 7-8, 45-90 pounds
- Mighty Mite: Ages 7-8-9, 45-90 pounds
- Junior Pee Wee: Ages 8-9-10, 60 to 105 pounds; age 11, 60 to 85 pounds
- Pee Wee: Ages 9-10-11, 75-120 pounds, age 12, 75 to 100 pounds
- Junior Midget: Ages 10-11-12, 90-145 pounds, age 13, 90 to 120 pounds
- Midget: Ages12-13-14, 105 to 170 pounds, age 15, 105 to 140 pounds
Registration Fees for the 2013 Season:
- Tackle Football $380
- Cheerleading $350
Football registration includes: rental of helmet, shoulder pads, 2 games jerseys and 1 pair of game pants. It also includes a basic picture package and a trophy. A practice uniform (practice jersey, practice tee, practice shorts) is also included in the registration fee.
Cheer registration includes: rental of uniform (vest, skirt and sleeves). It also includes a basic picture package and trophy. A practice uniform (tee and shorts) is also included in the registration fee.
- For cheerleading, only age guidelines apply.
- When you sign up for tackle football, please put your child in the lowest possible playing level based on age/weight. If you feel your son/daughter is able to lose weight to get to a lower level, you will need to input the maximum weight for that level of play during the registration process.
- Registration is based on first come, first served and teams fill quickly! Register early to ensure a spot on a team.
After signing up you will need to plan on attending one of our in-person sessions (check the league calendar for dates). During this process we will validate football player weights, collect birth certificates, photos, and have players/parents complete and sign the OEC contract/code of conduct as well as order your Spirit Wear and answer any questions that you may have. Cheerleaders also need to come to the in-person registration to drop off birth certificates and photos and to sign the OEC contract/code of conduct. If our in person registration dates have passed, simply follow the directions provided in the online tool for mailing your information to our league.
Players and cheerleaders are not considered officially ‘registered’ until full payment is received. Final team and division placement will be made by the Athletic Director and the Board. Our teams will be formed in late April and you will hear from your coach most likely in early May. Equipment handouts will be shortly thereafter.
SV CHALLENGER DIVISION
We are pleased to offer Challenger flag football and Challenger cheerleading to children of our community with special needs. Please email us at email@example.com for registration information
- CHALLENGER registrants please contact the league directly
Check the league website calendar for specific dates.